Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Vegan Carrot Crisps


'Skinny' is this week's Illustration Friday topic.

Huh.

For two days or so I mulled over various ideas, but to me, all were so boring... the problem with skinny is that there's not much to draw, you know? Fat covers a lot of surface area. Skinny, not so much.

Then I remembered illustrating an article for Modern Bride years ago, about how newlyweds tend to gain 10-15 pounds in their first year of wedded bliss. I did tons of sketches for that assignment, so I dug through the file cabinet until I found the pile of rejects. I love the way the guy's shirt in this one hangs on his skinny frame. The only change I made was the product name, from 'Marital Bliss Chips' to 'Vegan Carrot Crisps'.

3 comments:

Julissa Mora said...

Very nice! I like that you changed the chips to vegan carrot crisps. :)

jazzlamb said...

It looks very fun! What a delightful illustration and a lovely little write-up to match with it:D

Zelda Zap said...

My vegan sister is getting married! I'll have to direct her to your post, she'll get a kick out of it. Great take on the theme. Wonderful work as usual!