Sunday, March 10, 2013

mail me art

I have this amazing friend in the UK named Darren Di Lieto, who has devoted a large part of his life to the cause of illustration. Periodically, Darren (founder of Hire an Illustrator! and The Little Chimp Society) organizes an exhibition of work that is literally sent through the mail—the envelopes are the canvases. 

The event became so popular (i.e. so much work to organize) that, after some time off, the Mail Me Art exhibit is back in a new format: by invitation. I am super excited to be included in this year's show. 

'Mail Me Art: Short & Sweet' will be at The Framers Gallery in London from 30th July - 3rd August 2013. All proceeds will benefit charity.

My entry, seen above, is probably still somewhere between New York and London. Why the shoes? It's a secret for now, but I'll tell you soon enough. Meanwhile, join me in thinking happy thoughts of my 6" x 9" manilla envelope completing it's journey and arriving safely, and in time for the exhibit.

Read more, here.

1 comment: